- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 carrots, rough sliced
- 3 stalks celery, rough diced
- 2 small or one large butternut squash, peeled and rough chopped
- 5 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh sage (or 2 tsp. dried)
- 1/2 cup soy milk (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot, saute the onion and garlic in olive oil until onions turn soft, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and celery and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the squash and stir just to coat, then add the broth and sage. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a slow simmer. Allow to cook for at least 25 minutes, or until squash is soft.
- Blend until silky with an immersion blender or puree in food processor or blender
- Stir in the soy milk and season with salt and pepper to taste. (I skipped the salt and soy milk and it’s still delicious)