- 1 box Barrilla Plus spaghetti
- 1 tin anchovy fillets (drain oil)
- 1 bag chopped kale
- 1 can white or red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- about 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- red chili flakes to taste
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped (or use Trader Joes’s frozen cubes)
- salt and black pepper
- Cook pasta per box instructions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water (2 ladels full)
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil, four turns of the pan, in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the drained anchovies and garlic, sautee until anchovies “melt,” add the chili pepper and kale, sautee until the kale wilts. Add drained pasta, 1 cup pasta water, and beans to pan, toss. Salt and pepper to taste.
Modified from Rachel Ray.