These are amazing. I want to marry them.
- 16 oz. jar of nut butter (I like TJ’s raw creamy unsalted almond butter best)
- 3 cups oats (I use Quaker Old Fashioned)
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup goji berry powder
- 1/2 cup cacao powder or 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (or a little of both!)
- healthy sweetener: I do a generous squirt of honey + 10 drops of liquid stevia
- dash of sea salt
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of glycerin vanilla
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- Mix all ingredients (except coconut) together–start with dry first, then fold in wet til the consistency will hold together in a little ball. You can get the small one of these cookie scoops and make it a whole lot faster.
- Roll them in coconut (or wheat germ, cocoa powder…whatever you like). Chill and enjoy!
- Tip: modify as you like, swap out chocolate chips for raisins, cranberries, etc.
Amazingly handy to have around as a quick snack between meals or to pack in lunch boxes.
Modified from recipe #2 on Super Healthy Kids.